November 16, 2006
I'm Home Sick
I was home yesterday too.

By 8 pm I felt like a new woman. My throat wasn't closing up any longer! I felt good enough to venture out into the world and therefore successfully suspended total atrophy for at least another day. By 10 pm I was restless. By 11 pm I was reading Self magazine in a bed that I was too lazy to make fully. By 12 I was watching Leno, 1:00 Conan, 3:30 cursing the fact that Cricket apparently has no problems sleeping EVER despite me turning on all lights to stir up some company and that for some unknown reason NBC sees fit to rebroadcast He of the Ample Chin again in the 3:30 hour.

Some jalepeno hazelnuts and a bite of milk chocolate later, I finally fell asleep. 4 am and Ghirardelli, I love you.

My alarm went off at 7:30. The room was so bright that I wanted to bash the sunshine out of it.

I'm currently on the couch, attempting unsuccessfully to get back to sleep so maybe this damn headache will subside. I'm out of the panacea that is milk chocolate.

I've seen this sort of thing on House, you know. It all starts with a headache. Pretty soon they'll find out it's polyester poisoning and after twelve biopsies I'll need to get a heart transplant from my comatose father.


23 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least you know you will be cured by the end of the episode.

Blogger Beakerz said...

San Francisco Chocolate will set you free

Blogger JordanBaker said...

I'm also sick, with completely different symptoms, but you know that if we end up at Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital it'll end up being different manifestations of the same horrible illness.

Blogger I-66 said...

Yes, heart transplant, but he has to be asphyxiated first.

Did I spell that right? I'm too lazy to check.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your father is Dan Fielding from Night Court?

Crazy!

Call me if you're bored.

Hugs,
J

Blogger Megan said...

Whatever you do, don't look it up on WebMd. EVERYTHING is a symptom of cancer.

Polyester poisoning? There's a joke in there somewhere, but I can't find the funny right now.

Feel better.

Blogger TJ said...

I've seen that sort of thing on Scrubs, too.

It all starts with your inner monologue expressed in a voice-over narration accompanied by a hip indie soundtrack, and ends with a cut-away fantasy sequence involving the sudden appearance of Jimmie 'J.J.' Walker or The Sugar Hill Gang in your living room.

But on the plus side, maybe they will have brought more milk chocolate...

Get well soon!

Blogger c said...

Just make sure you have a stash of pills for House. You'll get better/faster treatment that way.

Blogger Heather B. said...

Or you'll have a piece of metal that's wandered away to your head.

Just remember that no one ever dies. Ok, well rarely dies.

Need me to pick anything up for you?

Blogger Unknown said...

There's a special tool up here in the great WET north that bashes sunshine out of rooms...

But you'd have to come up to get it. And smuggle it back across the border. And holy man, that thing is large, so hiding it'll be tough. You could do it, though.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the hell is a "jalepeno hazelnut"? Is that some sort of code for crack?

Blogger Sizzle said...

i love house. i hate not being able to sleep.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today is the day to stay at home. Yucky, rainy weather is perfect for cuddling under a comforter watching bad television.

Blogger Cheryl said...

Poor thing! I hope you feel better soon.

Blogger honeykbee said...

Advil liquigels and dark chocolate rasinets. That's what's kept me from becoming an episode of House this week. *COUGHHHH*

So far.

Blogger egan said...

"Cricket" is a male right?

I stayed home yesterday and I probably should have done the same today. Oh, I had to blog though.

Blogger Miss Scarlet said...

Not being able to sleep is the worst! I hope you get a good night's rest tonight.

Blogger egan said...

Holy spam Kris!

Blogger Wicked H said...

Yikes! Hang in there and feel better!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday + One Week! Hope you feel better!

Blogger TJ said...

sheesh, anonymous--all that spam and not one link to an on-demand milk chocolate home delivery service...

Although if you're still under the weather for the weekend, Kris-the 'book craft dark horse witch' might be light reading. Or maybe 'Tuesdays with Morrie'.

Hope you're feeling better.

Blogger kristy said...

hope you're feeling better. thanks for the kind words. :)

Blogger Kate said...

Take three more Ghiradelli bars and call me in the morning.

Downtown Girl, MD
(Well, soon to be anyway)

Glad you're feeling better!!!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer