November 20, 2006
Holiday Season Blow to the Ego #3
I didn't realize just how important it would be that I got up a little early this morning, allowing me to put concealer under both eyes and ensure my gloves were the same color.

For as I left the house, 100 percent sass in a camel coat and flowing curls and diva sunglasses, I ran into Cute Neighborhood Boy with Dog. This time, no wart bandages. I was upright and showered. And I was so definitely wearing a bra.

We chatted about the holidays and how he'll be in town and the fact that I'm pretty much working straight through Thanksgiving and Christmas. And that I hadn't seen him around much. And as my car door shut to my turned back he checked in - did I have my keys in hand? And how his dog is so sweet and such a love and how even having cats doesn't replace the void of not having a pup around the place.

And although through my tights I was pretty sure he couldn't tell that I shaved my legs today, I felt like a rock star.

And then just before I said goodbye, he stopped me: "what was your name again?"

Ouch.


18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's when you look him dead in the eyes and say...

Dream Girl

Aw yeah.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... sorry about that... but at least he had the guts to ask instead of trying to pretend. Hopefully the query will lead to more fruitful encounters?

Blogger Unknown said...

hehehe, Jorge you're hi-lari-us despite your hi-8-us.

Miss Sass, you should pass on your Stalker Handbook to this man. He simply needs to read your mail to get this information! Silly boy.

Although "Dream Girl" would have been better.

Blogger Megan said...

Ooof! But hey, at least he WANTED to know your name. I predict a date before Christmas...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definite interest. Keep pursuit.

Blogger TJ said...

or, you could have flipped up your diva sunglasses, channeled your inner Janet Jackson, and replied:

"It's Kris--Ms. Likey if you're nasty..."

and then peeled off. I guarantee you he wouldn't forget it again.

And, yeah--I'm sure that he knew that your legs were shaved. It's a sixth sense us guys have. ;)

Something tells me that CNB w/ Dog will be making another approach in the near future...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guys with dogs are awesome. It proves they can commit.

Blogger nicalyse said...

At least you looked hot this time.

Blogger bandick said...

No! Not ouch. I agree with Megan. It's a good sign. No interest in you? No interest in your name.

But he wants to know it so that he can say, "Kris, since the first moment I saw you, I knew I wanted to spend every waking moment focused on how to make you notice me because I think we could be immensely happy together.", instead of, "Hey, um, neighbor. You're neat."

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It's Kris--Ms. Likey if you're nasty..." THAT just made my day! Too phunnie.

Chin up Kris, he asked your name. Next...your number!

Blogger kris said...

Don't make me feel too good - if I feel too much better, you'll take away my ability to console myself with Pinot Noir this evening . . .

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hit the Noir in celebration of his interest. Men don't bother asking your name if they aren't at least curious.

Blogger kris said...

I like the way you think. :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes men are forgetful in the presence of 100% sass with shaved legs.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it.

Isn't it funny how something as simple as shaving your legs and combing your hair makes you feel like Heidi Klum. So why is it so painful to do it everyday?

And the difference between guys and girls: you thought his question deflated your flirting. And to him, that was flirting. :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto Jorge!

This sassy story just made my old-married-lady day :)

Blogger Sandra Dee said...

"Whatever you want it to be."

I'm a big talker. I would be just as nervous as you.

I hate that I'm that way!

Blogger Poppy said...

Just think of it in the positive spin - he wants to know you. :)

Happy T-DAY!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer