September 13, 2007
nostrakimus
Last night was the first time I saw the new man since the - *cough* - incident. Kim showered me with tough love advice before the date.

Kim's thoughts as to how the night should go:

Ah, well, what *I* would do is keep it light at the beginning. Not light and fluffy, just light. Small talkish, but friendly. Not giggly or flirty - friendly. Talk about the race, how Earnhart put up a good fight at the end, and it's a shame he's not in the chase this year.

Then after the first drink, bring up what you need to discuss. Don't spring it on him, just casually work it in.

Either you resolve things and end the night having kinky time or you find he's an asshat, throw a drink in his face, stick him with the bill and storm out just 'cause you've always wanted to do that.

Kim's predictions as to how it would go:

At first it's a little uncomfortable because there's the whole falling out looming over you although neither of you want to talk about it right off the bat to ruin the evening. Things eventually lighten up a little, perhaps due to numerous 3 legged cat jokes, and the drinks are flowing nicely.

After you're good and tanked, you blurt out, "So what was up with you the other night?"

Bringing you right back to where you were before, talking about your "relationship" when you're drunk. He shuts off. You demand respect.

Then you're abducted by aliens.

--------

Neither happened. Entirely. At all, actually.

Labels:



23 Comments:

Blogger itsnotmeitsme said...

Well, I'm guessing that you weren't abducted by aliens, unless they're the kind of aliens that let you blog while you're on the spaceship...

Blogger Kim said...

I find it funny that you didn't comment on me suggesting you talk NASCAR with him. In my head, that was the funniest thing eva.

I imagined you being all, "So, how was that thing you went to with the cars going in circles real fast?"

Blogger Nathan Pralle said...

Kinky time didn't entirely happen? :)

Blogger t2ed said...

You could also always open with "We need to talk...." Because good things always happen after that.

Ah, sweet dating bliss. I miss it so.

Maybe you should have the confab at an actual NASCAR race. Then you could get an official sponsor and most of the conversation would be drowned out by the roaring engines.

Sorry, I know I'm not much help. Not the first time and not the last.

Blogger playfulinnc said...

The only time I am kinky is when drunk...what's wrong with that again?

Blogger Michelle said...

I have often prayed to be abducted by aliens while on a date. It rarely works, though. Thank god I finally tricked someone into living with me, now only he prays for me to be abducted.

Blogger flutter said...

What, no probe? What kind of alien abduction is THAT?

Blogger Sizzle said...

you have to time that kind of talk between drink one and two i think. otherwise, the lips flap and...bad things happen.

you are here so there was no alien abduction. bummer dude!

Blogger Skyzi said...

I'm listening!

Blogger Unknown said...

There's a link in your side bar for "Yoga Erotica".

Interesting!

Blogger The Middle Child said...

So it went well?
Good!

Blogger sue said...
Blogger SDW said...

Foolish me... I always held out hope that there was a middle ground between "getting-stuck-with-the-bill-and chianti-on-my-suit" and "kinky-okay-super-fun-time," and that I'd just always ended up on the wrong side of the extremes.

Sadly, this does not appear to be the case.

As for these aliens... any of them single? And the alien equivalent of "female"? 'Cause that would be super.

So what DID happen? Not fair to leave us hanging like that!

Blogger TSintheC said...

Excuse us? Ahem? Was it a Thursday morning drive home to change before work or what?

Blogger Gwen said...

You are eleventy kinds of wrong for this. You know I am a back of the book reader so this? is pure pain.

Blogger Bob said...

Aliens? Are they from Mars? Are you from Venus?

Blogger Tracy Lynn said...

Dude, I was really looking forward to the alien abduction. Now I'm just sad.

Blogger Amie Adams said...

I hate to be left hanging.

You were that girl in high school who was all "I have the biggest gossip" and then ran into class without spilling the beans, weren't you?

See if I drink with you again!

Blogger Jorge said...

Oh Kimmay, you are awesome.

This article reminded me of when I was trying to predict what would happen when I first met Kris!

Blogger Jorge said...

There's something wrong with the structure of my link.

But fuggit.

It's late.

Blogger Real Live Lesbian said...

I was gonna say something....and then I got to laughing at flutter's comment.

Hahaha...

Oh yeah, what DID happen?

Blogger Freewheel said...

A mystery... I love it!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer