October 21, 2005
10 Things I Learned from Rendezvous-ing with Four Fabu Ladies who also Write on the Internets
(Or an ode to Jurgen, Maliavale, Nabbalicious, and Kim)

10. It is so not pronouned Jurgen, as in the hand cream used by young men nationwide. It's Yurgen, using the Y made popular by such phrases as Yan Can Cook and Yo Mama.

9. I am the Mrs. Garrett of yet another social group, leaving the party early enough to catch Murder She Wrote and soak my bunions before bed.

8. Contrary to old Information Superhighway tales, bloggers do not have visible horns or fangs. The jury is still out on third nipples.

7. It may not be a bad thing to be the only one sans camera for such a meeting. 8 X 10s of Kris scarfing mozzarella sticks are highly overrated.

6. I don't have an accent.

5. A mini-bottle of hairspray is a must for your Macguyver social kit. Kim just might be able to take Stacy in a Battle o' the Bangs v. 2.0.

4. Nothing I've ever said about you is as funny as what these women came up with.

3. I was just kidding about number 4.

2. If you use the "I was talking to the cabbie" excuse to explain your late arrival, not a soul will suspect you were having difficulty stuffing that body into your freezer.

1. Jorge had better be prepared to bring it next week when it's Bloggers Gone Wild: Canada, as it will be pretty damn hard to top meeting these four beautiful, exceptional women.

Labels:



23 Comments:

Blogger katie's brain said...

Damn, I'm jealous!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are awesome!! I had so much fun. We definitely have to do this again - I like D.C. as the meeting place. Vegas '06!

And I don't have an accent either. BTW: don't feel bad about the mozzarella sticks. Before we left I was ready to scour all the garbage cans to see if there was anything left.

Blogger begins with v said...

you know what's funny? I never pictured you having an accent until you mentioned it...every line after that one I heard you as British...now what's up with that?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn.

Can I be more feminine than four beautiful exceptional women? Hell no. Not without extensive surgery and form-shaping undergarments.

Can I be more exceptional than four exceptional women? Hrm. Perhaps. I have to put my wit to the grindstone for the next five days to make it razor-sharp!

Let us peek into the future...

Kris: Hi. You must be Jorge
Jorge: Your mama!
Kris: Huh?
Jorge: You wish!

Yeah...
Maybe not looking so good..

J

(PS: Thanks for adding me! I love touching Dave!

Blogger Mel said...

Sounds like a blast!

Next time, I'm there!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger party...I like it!

As for being Mrs. Garrett, I suppose that's not so bad - after all, she was the only one on the show with her own room?

Blogger Kris said...

OK...I am in for Bloggers Gone Wild: Canada....fill me in PLEASE! LOL. Seriously.

K.

Blogger Mair said...

My lips are sealed on No. 8.

Blogger Sizzle said...

It's Facts of Life Day. Lushy and I were just talking about it. Weird!

P.S. I just really don't want to be Tootie. She really really really annoys me.

;) Sizz

Blogger MKD said...

When I go to the gym I always watch Murder She Wrote. Everyone else is watching MTV or the news. Does that make me old like you? Does it?

PS was this the same Blogger HH that took place in DC last night or did you have your own separate one?

Blogger Maddie said...

I've always pictured Mrs. Garrett as more of a Golden Girls fan.

Blogger LBseahag said...

If a guy named Yurgen ever approaches me i am gonna spray him in the eyes with my mini bottle of mcguyver hairspray...

Blogger yournamehere said...

Have you seen the Family Guy where they all get superpowers, and Peter can morph into anything, so he becomes Mrs. Garret's bossom? No? Oh, yeah, you have a life.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lbseahag: don't hate on the Jurgens!

Kris: very cool post! you're great! I love this post! HAHA! This was cool!

;)

Blogger Asian Mistress said...

And you lovely ladies didn't make it to the DC blogger happy hour?

For shame!

Blogger Kim said...

What do you mean you were kidding about #4? Remember all that stuff we said...Oh! Right! Nevermind.

It was so good meeting you! I'm so glad you came all the way from Zambia.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Kris, you're totally more of a Blanche Devereaux than a Mrs. Garrett.

Blogger Danielle said...

I wish I was in the IN crowd. Or at least in the IN DC crowd. You gals seem to have all the fun.

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

I had to read Sizz's comment before I understood the Mrs. Garrett reference. I was never a Facts of Life kind of girl. I couldn't get past the theme song.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have..."

C'mon, everyone SING!

"The facts of life, the facts of life..."

And more!

"When the world never seems,
to be liviiiiin' up to your dreams...
something something, the facts of life!"

Blogger Angie T said...

Reading about ladies cocktailing when you're hungover isn't advisable.

My head hurts.

And an open invite for boozing if you ever make it to Chicago!

Go Sox!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloggers Gone Wild?? It sounds like some teen summer film :)

Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

Yes, if you're ever in Big D, look me up!

I think it's funny that there still is a bit of a stigma about meeting people "online." No, we're not all crazy anti-social obsessive-compulsives.

I met my husband on Match.com, and when I tell people this they say, "REALLY?!?" as if we were both 400-lb people with horns and buck teeth.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer