November 5, 2007
Me Talk Pretty in WaPo
The Washington Post was kind enough to post a few of my words in this weekend's Sunday Source. This definitely tops the time I placed third in the 7th grade spelling bee, misspelling villain, and is a close second only to being voted my high school's Class Flirt. I think it was pretty much all over then.

I hope that my snippet sounds relatively intelligent, particularly given that blogging is near and dear to my heart. I am - and you also should be - pleased that they didn't interview me for any of the following:

Build a Thriving Long-term Relationship: a How-to for Dummies

401K is Not an Area Code

Binge Drinking: the Downfall of the Young American

Yan Can Clean

Ways to Keep Your Mouth Shut When Your Mother Tells You Your “You Know What” Might Look Wide in That New Winter Coat

Keeping Your Cat Intact

The Genius That is Rod Stewart

Reasons Not to Clothesline the Woman Who Still Writes Checks at the Grocery Store

Heaving the Ho: Spending Your Nights in the Apartment You Pay For

Your Scrotum and You

Although we could have made that last one fun with pop ups.

Labels:



17 Comments:

Excellent. And it's information I can actually use. It's nice to see a list of ways to get your blog out there that's more than just SEO buzzwords and ways to rig algorithms.

Blogger amythemighty said...

Congrats! So the #11 way to drive traffic to your blog is to be interviewed by the WaPo?

Blogger Heather said...

Oooh, you're all famous now. Congrats!

-nabbalicious

Blogger Amie Adams said...

Way to get a plug in for IndiBloggers too.

You didn't sound too dopey. ;)

Blogger Paige Jennifer said...

Oh. My. God. I can finally say 'I slept in a Washington Post resource's bed' and not be lying!

Blogger Heather B. said...

I'm so very proud. muah!

Blogger Unknown said...

I can easily see why the Washington Post highlighted you and your blog. Way to go, girl!

somewhatfortyplus.com

Blogger t2ed said...

Kris in the Washington Post! Woo hoo.

Please insert your own Deep Throat joke here. I don't want to tarnish anything on my own.

Blogger Janet said...

You should totally pitch those ideas to Dan Zak!

Blogger Kim said...

Wait, what's wrong with binge drinking?

Blogger Jessica said...

Way to go honey!

Blogger Dave said...

Nice work. You are officially a Y-list celebrity.

But: have you ever been featured holding a bowling trophy on the cover of the Georgetown Herald? I didn't think so.

Blogger Miss Scarlet said...

Woohooo! Go, you!

Blogger Juliness said...

Well done! You were in the Washington Post, so um, it doesn't matter about the winter coat or the drinking. Right?

Blogger Gunfighter said...

Well done!

GF

Blogger ListenToLeon.net said...

Congratulations! That's how I ended up checking out your site.

Blogger Jorge said...

Scrotal Pop Ups.

Tee hee!

Hey, didn't the WP already publish you? WTF?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer