May 18, 2007
I hope to find a way to weave in talk of cats, Ted Bundy, inadvertent tinkles, and 96% more narcissism than any of my co-presenters
Digital Exhibitionists or Chroniclers of their Time: Will Naked Bloggers Make History?

Throughout history women have written about their worlds, with little public recognition; still they provided a vibrant portrait of history beyond the political battles and civil wars. Are modern-day diarists self-involved? Self-absorbed? Boring? Au contraire! They may be future historians' and anthropologists' best source for understanding 21st Century mores and culture. We'll discuss identity blogging and how the legacy of such bloggers might be what future generations learn from them a century down the road. A historian will talk with indiebloggers Heather Barmore, Stacy Campbell and Kris Likey and the anonymous, but ever-evolving alwaysarousedgirl.


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No way you can be more narcissistic than me, baby. I dare you to try.

I might talk about my ass. :)

Can't wait to meet you!

Blogger Beth said...

omg, I so wish I was going to be that conference! That's going to rock!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's no way you'll be more narcissistic than me. I've already decided to lock you in our bathroom before the presentation. Me wants more face time.

Not sure what to do about HB, though.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhh talking about yourself to someone? That sounds like lots of fun! :D

Blogger Cheryl said...

Yeah, I can see it. But really I think all writers are somewhat narcissistic, whatever their medium.

Blogger themikestand said...

Whee... congrats again. Just had to stop by and say it in, uh, person.

Also, somehow in my IB stupor I managed to miss 15 posts by you. Bad blog friend Mike. Bad blog friend indeed.

Blogger Freewheel said...

Sounds like a fun group. Will another blogger be on standby to live-blog the discussion?

Blogger Jorge said...

When I go to a blog and the first line is:

Cherrie won The Big Coloring Book of Vaginas. Congrats, Cherrie! Enjoy it!...

I smile.

I smile a wide smile.

Blogger JordanBaker said...

If you were my student, the first two words would have earned you an automatic F.

Blogger Keith said...

I love Ted Bundy. When he used to put his hand down his pants and complain to Peg about their sex life. Those kids were so funny, too. Hw can I forget the wacky neighbors? Good times.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Au contraire indeed! The conference sounds awesome...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer