May 11, 2008
On discovering 57 new English language terms for the penis
I recommend many things in celebration of Mother’s Day, not limited to flowers, brunch, and apologizing for all the things in life you still don’t really believe you did wrong.

I don’t recommend granting your mother’s wish to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall, as there isn’t enough bleach in the world to cleanse memories of sitting in a darkened movie theater with a woman in a dress skirt and hose while viewing a penis 100 times its actual size. I prefer most days, in my good daughterly haze, to fool myself into thinking my mother has yet to see even herself naked.

Here’s to full frontal nudity at brunch.


11 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Whywouldyou whywouldyou whywouldyou? Also: why?!?

I heard about the full frontal scene before I even knew who was in it.

Blogger Unknown said...

The word for penis in Albanian is pronounced Car and has led to some rather hilarious exchanges among the transplants in the Bronx:

"What do you mean we're getting in your car- I hardly know you!"

"Is it a Big car or a little one?"

"Yes, a clean car is a Good car!"

It was also a scream to introduce my then Captain Booth, whose name sounds like the the word for Ass- You can't make this stuff up!

Blogger Anna said...

I KNOW!! I went to see this with a friend of mine for her birthday and she is TOTALLY like a mother to me. I wanted to sink down into my chair and disappear...and also hit the rewind button at the same time. Choices, choices...

Hope you had a lovely day with your mom...nudity aside!

Blogger megabrooke said...

I saw it with my mom on Friday. I think she laughed harder than me!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait. Full Frontal? I had no desire to see this movie until now.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Ree. Now I might consider taking my mom to it :)

Blogger Rachel H. said...

Wow! I know that I wouldn't want to see this movie with my mom either. Awkward is all I have to say...

Blogger t2ed said...

I thought the movie was called Flashing Sarah Marshall.

What movies did you nix prior to settling on Sarah Marshall? The Bad Seed? Mother's Boys? Monster In Law? A Nat's game?

Right, there's some things Mom's shouldn't be exposed to.

Blogger Heather B. said...

Did you not realize that would be happening? Because I could've told you that. To save you from yourself.

Blogger Marissa said...

Ha ha ha! What a Mother's Day. It reminds me of when I my mom would ask to watch Sex & The City with me. Kind of mortifying.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How progressive. No way could I sit through anything with my Mom where they mention the word penis without squirming in my seat.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer