December 15, 2006

It’s Blog Crush Day, a bona fide holiday unlike those asshat Hallmark holidays like “Children’s Day” (like when isn’t it?!?) and “Arbor Day” (thanks, trees!), as established by two very fine blogger gals I know and love (via the information superhighway; like, we've never dated).

This blog crush makes me feel a little like I’m in high school, admiring one of the popular + smart kids from afar. You know, the kid in your Honors English class who had so totally read the Great Gatsby off the summer reading list even though he denied it when asked. The guy who your mom begged you to date because he was so smart and so nice and so funny and when you grow up you’ll wish you had paid attention to him. The kid who didn’t make fun of you (to your face) when your overpracticed rendition of “You Light Up My Life” failed to dazzle the 6th-grade talent show as planned.

I almost feel like I grew up with this blogger. In a sense we did, starting things up in the blogosphere at the very same time, corresponding early on over email. His blog career has skyrocketed, not in small part due to a fantastic use of words and his effortless sense of humor and an unfailing kindness unto fellow bloggers. I wish I could spend more time over at his site learning more about impacting people in the way that he does through writing.

Neil, thanks for giving many of us something to aspire to.

Labels:



19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What if we all come back and say our blog crush is you?

Can I do that?

Kris, you're my blog crush. (Of course, "crush" just came out as "gruch" so I'm gonna have to be careful here.)

Your 100% Sass and stories keep me coming back with OCD tendencies. Like, all the time. Your humo(u)r gets us all laughing at our monitors, and your sadness breaks our hearts. We heart you and totally crush on you.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If sleeping in your bed and (maybe) using your perfume counts as a crush, then umm I have a crush.

Blogger kris said...

Thank you so much, K. I definitely buy the beers next I see you. ;)

H, Interesting. Was this the Jean Nate Body Splash? Please tell me you know what that is, HB.

Blogger Sizzle said...

Excellent choice my dear. Neil is a one of kind sweetheart.

And you are crushable!

Blogger Scarlet Hip said...

Doesn't it seem like we like all the same guys? We totally would have hung out in high school.

Blogger kris said...

Thanks for thinking this up, Sizz!

And Miss R., we so totally would have hung out in high school. And blogged on Friday nights, apparently. ;)

Blogger Melissa said...

Neil is super! Excellent choice.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neil was on my short list. ;)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap! I'm now going to turn off my computer for the night because I don't think I can read anything more exciting than this. Thank you.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the risk of sounding like a creepy internets creep...

I didn't know it was Blog Crush Day, but I've been lurking for a while (in a not-creepy way), so I'll just leave this Blog Crush card on your desk and sit in the corner and watch your reaction.

Btw, those little candy hearts that say "Bovine" were supposed to say "Be Mine". See what ya get when you go to the discount candy stores? Yeah, sure, 'go to Little Korea for cheap candy', they told me. Damnit!

Anyhoo - happy belated Blog Crush Day!

Blogger Miss Scarlet said...

<3 Neil! Good choice.

Blogger ekeith said...

miss kris!!
good to hear from you!
i'm in dallas and moved back in the parents...[insert grateful yet extremely "lame" comment here...]
BUT there is hope...i just started my first job...so the light is at the end of the tunnel. i don't really keep up with the tangents as much anymore b/c i'm honestly afraid my life is not interesting enough to update on a daily basis...i'm really boring, but hopefully my architecture projects aren't =) anyways...i'll stop taking up comment room to update you and i will definitely be checking in more often---been super busy with the most random of stuff...but no more excuses...good to hear from you again and hope EVERYONE HERE HAS A GREAT HOLIDAY SEASON!!! =) enjoy your last 2 weeks of 2006!

Blogger Cheryl said...

Aw. I feel like I missed out. Serves me right for slacking off.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found out about you and your website through Stacy. Funny how someone who lives in Detroit was able to point out a blogger who lives in my area, huh? (I've been living in Alexandria for the past few months). She seems to think you're pretty cool, so I'm going to take her word for it. :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that Neil is an angel. Good choice. But I've lurked on your site for a while Kris and I've got the most tremendous crush on you!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this idea. Blog Crush Day. Does it come but once a year or is it fortnightly?

Lola x

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I've enjoyed visiting your blog. I am trying to get a site up and running similar the Travel Writer blog.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you already know who my blog crush is.

And my other blog crush is you.

You're my female blog crush.

Blogger egan said...

I've never heard of this Neil guy before. I will have to give him a read. Is he gay?

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer