June 25, 2005
I've been spanked by Meme!
Or tagged? What do the kids call it today?

Anyhoo, Oregano asked some hot questions and I will answer them.

How many books do you own?
No more than 10. I move so frequently that I keep more photographs than I do books, dinner plates, bottles of wine and rolls of toilet paper.

I never purchase a book unless I might read it again within the next two years.

What was the last book you bought?
Portrait of a Killer about the Jack the Ripper murders. I must have mentioned at least once that I am absolutely obsessed with true crime. (Save the bank robberies, forgeries, etc. It has to involve deep pathology to interest me. And then I find it hard to sleep and go to work.)

What was the last book you read?
Bo-ring. Same as above.

What five books mean a lot to you?
Are you my mother? -- The first book I remember my mother reading to me.

Lord of the Flies -- The poignant pages from my young adulthood.

Fahrenheit 451 -- Because I hope it's inconceivable.

The Lovely Bones -- I can't get it entirely out of my head.

You Are Worthless -- Because I love to laugh.

Phew. Any other questions? Bring 'em.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I spanked you.

I feel so dirty.

Blogger begins with v said...

I just finished The Time Traveler's Wife which was awesome...my fav book of all time is a contemporary novel by an Indian woman (Arundahati Roy) titled The God of Small Things...and of course there is always the fab Harry Potter!

Blogger kris said...

I love the Harry Potter books. On CD. I find that adults are as obsessed with those books if not more than children are. Good stuff.

Blogger Dave said...

Used to have an hour long commute so read like a madman back in the day. Now, I'm exceptionally slow, but I feel bad about it if that's any consolation.

Just finished The Black Dahlia wherein everyone is in some way awful--cop, crook, or innocent bystander. Liked it a lot. I think Dick Wolf reads a lot of James Elroy.

Just started In a Sunburned Country, which is the first bit of travel fiction I've ever read. Sweet job to have is all I've got to say.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer