June 10, 2005
Restoring my faith in humanity
Someone hit my car this week. And I was out of town at a conference.

Black Beauty was just sitting in the street, minding her own business, when the Truck approached her. He didn't just tap her; he hit her curvy bumper at an angle that bent it upwards and destroyed its future potential. She now appears to have no teeth and I have a mangled bumper spanning my trunk and backseat. I have to push it down to see out the back window when changing lanes, and in my infinite neuroticism I fear it becoming a deadly projectile should I be involved in an accident.

Most importantly, though, the truck's owner left the scene.

But not before leaving his business card on my windshield.

Thanks to those out there who still use their opposable thumbs and think like humans.


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the bumper looked like a dead cyborg.

Blogger Kiki said...

That sucks. At least he left the business card so theres some hope.

Blogger Meg: said...

Oh yipes!

Yay for leaving his card! That's something. I doubt most people do that anymore.

Blogger begins with v said...

Boy are you lucky! I would have to say that I would leave my number on someone's car if I hit it too. This is just good karma visiting you.

Blogger Katie said...

Thank Goodness for good people still out there!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol- you're funny! So true.

Kris, I hope all is covered by that card and phone number. It's a good start and hopefully someone bothering to leave a card did it for real, not jsut for appearance's sake. Here's to a shiny new fender... and NO repair bill. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer