April 25, 2006
At some point during the weekend . . .
Jorge started using lots of words with the very-foreign “our,” apparently over-pronounced a la those Jagewwwwarrr commericals (reference: see such complex words as behaviour, flavour, and downpour)

I lit a cigarette off of my stove. My flat, electric stove.

Kim texted someone.

Mrs. Jorge had to resort to an Avril Lavigne reference when I asked her if there were famous Canadian people.

Heather B. walked home from Bethesda, or some equally-distant, unfamiliar land. At 4 in the morning.

Kim texted someone else.

Heather B. drank wine to attempt to restart her wilting self. At 9 in the morning.

I wiped my T zone in Crisco and then posed for all pictures. (Reference: see all pictures of my shiny-countenanced self taken in last 72 hours.)

I didn’t think I’d ever recover from a red-wine induced migraine. Stupid Merlot.

The BF used the c word, causing both Mrs. Jorge and I to pass quickly into convulsions.

I would catch Jorge and the Mrs. taking a moment together, and was struck by just how close and in tune of a couple they are.

Kim single handedly caused Anheuser-Busch stock prices to plummet when she ordered a white wine.

I ate pizza. And it was so damn good.

Jorge awoke to find himself flanked by Bug and Cricket.

My visitors recoiled in horror when they saw where the blogging magic happens: on my Fujitsu laptop, also known as a refurbed ’86 Speak & Spell.

The Venga Bus is Coming was actually played in my apartment. Both the baby Jesus and Mary weeped openly.

More as I remember them.

Labels:



27 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man.
You've got it right on the money.

I think Kim is texting someone else as I type this.

She's a text whore.

J

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget Howie Mandel and Alan Thicke! There are LOTS of famOUS Canadians!

Blogger themikestand said...

How about Alanis Morissette? She's still officially Canadian, in some circles.
Ew.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah.

I guess I should have called Kim a text whour.

Silly me.

Blogger Biscuit said...

Hey, at least it's not a magna doodle :)

Blogger Heather B. said...

Ummm yes I drink wine at 9 AM but I would never walk home from Bethesda, it's much too far. Chevy Chase or upper NW maybe.

Blogger Miss Scarlet said...

I made a list once of famous Canadians to prove some point. Where is that damned list!?

Blogger Shawn said...

Oh Canada...try here. But really, other than crummy celebrities and bad beer, Canadians are very cool.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, hey - I take great offence to somebody insulting Canadian beer! Canadian beer does not have to be a dirty Molson's product. Sleeman's, Kawartha Lakes Brewery, and Steam Whistle just to name a few. And at least the alcohol content isn't equal to water like it is in other places in the world.....

:)

Blogger Debbie Pelberg said...

You are not populaaaaar if you don't text someone approx every 5 mins. This is true.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man.
Why does my wife want to start international incidents on the internets?

:S

Blogger kris said...

Did she just say offence?

Blogger Cheryl said...

wow. sounds like an excellent weekend.

Blogger Darby Turnipseed said...

what's a T zone?

Blogger Beth said...

Michael J. Fox is Canadian. So are Jim Carrey, Mike Myers, Neve Campbell, James Cameron, and Roberta Bondar, just to name a few. And then, of course, there is me.

And to add to Tanya's list of beers, don't forget the Granville Island Brewing Company (which Sarah & Dave will tell you is awesome... er, awesOUme!

Blogger Heather B. said...

I also wanted to let you know that I use the c word like it's my job woman!

I really wish we could have weekends like that every week, it was truly a pleasure.

Blogger twobuyfour said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. You deserve that. We all do periodically. I'm glad you all enjoyed yourselves.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone had fun!

Blogger Spinning Girl said...

Nothing less than gorgeous.

Life is good.

Blogger Megan said...

I believe the phrase is "fucking merlot." As in "I'm not drinking any fucking merlot!" May I suggest a good Cabernet?

Apparently you and I have the same good idea: Crisco on the t-zone. Why be matte?

Sounds like my kind of weekend, girl. ;)

Blogger Darbs said...

LOL @ where all the blogger magic happens. You are a hoot!

Blogger Unknown said...

Damn Merlot. Gets me all the time.

Blogger Washington Cube said...

I had pizza for the first time in a while last week, and it didn't taste good to me. The funny thing about all of this, is that I felt bad like there was something wrong with me as in "who doesn't like pizza?" Isn't that on a par with "chocolate doesn't taste good?"

Blogger Dave said...

Someone just said Bryan Adams is sexy. What the Jesus is going on here?

The only thing on my T zone is more eyebrow.

That is all.

Blogger Kim said...

I'm sorry, what were you saying? I was texting someone.

And what the hell is a whour Jorge? Speak english!

Famous Canadian: Keanu Reeves

Blogger missbhavens said...

THE C WORD!!?????

Blogger Jessica said...

Fujitsu! I can sooo imagine that....cause that's about what I was on until this year! ;)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer